Tech to Enjoy the Great Outdoors
The flowers are in bloom, the breeze is fresh, and the outdoor activities are in full swing. While taking time to unplug and bask in nature is good for the mind, body and soul, it doesn’t mean your outdoor tech devices and accessories should go into hibernation for the spring season. In fact, there are plenty of ways to enhance your outdoor adventures with the latest technology that is built to withstand the elements and support your active lifestyle in the great outdoors. From the best hiking apps to accessories that will protect your devices from water, dust and drops, let’s explore fresh tech to enjoy the fresh air!
Amplify Your Outdoor Fun
When you’re ready to amp up your outdoor activities this springtime, you’ll need the right tech accessories to level up your outdoor experiences.
- JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker: If the warm weather has you spending your days on the water, then a portable speaker that’s waterproof is a must. The ultra-durable JBL Clip 3 is the speaker that can handle any adventure you dare to take. Whether you’re hiking, kayaking or biking, you can clip this small speaker to your belt loop or backpack and take your music on the go.
- JLab Air True Wireless Earbuds: If you’re going for a jog, practicing yoga or taking a hike through nature, the Air True Wireless Earbuds will immerse you in your favorite tunes to boost your activity. With their comfortable fit and built-in touch sensors for easy controlling, they’re perfect for all-day activities.
- Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones: The comfort-cushion ear cups of the Solo3 Wireless headphones allow for a fully immersive experience with outside noise canceling. Maybe you’re heading out on a road trip or camping in the mountains. No matter where your adventure takes you, the 40 hours of battery life will fuel your journey while delivering award-winning sound.
Gadgets to Kick it into Gear
Sunscreen- check. Proper attire- check. Water bottle – check. As you’re checking items off your outdoor adventure packing list, don’t forget to bring the latest gadgets that will help you kick your action up a notch.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic: When you’re hiking the mountain or paddling down the river, you can measure your ECG in real time with the new Galaxy Watch4 Classic. With an integrated BioActive Sensor, monitor for abnormal heart rate and rhythms and share the data with your Galaxy phone. Forget carrying your smartphone in hand while you’re trying to trek down a trail. Just check your wrist to access your apps, music and more.
- Garmin vivoactive HR: This watch just screams ‘outdoor adventure!’ The built-in GPS sports apps include settings for your springtime activities, including stand-up paddle boarding, rowing and more. You can measure your calories burned and activity intensity all from your wrist. It’s like this gadget was just made for springtime, with a touchscreen that’s easy to read even in the brightest sunlight.
- Screen Protectors and Cases: Don’t leave your device vulnerable during your high-speed activities. Be sure to equip your tech for success with the right screen protectors and cases. Try the popular OtterBox Alpha Glass Screen Protector with anti-shatter, anti-scratch glass to protect your screen from edge to edge. Once your screen is covered, level up your case game with a stylish, durable case to secure your phone no matter where your spring travels take you!
Apps for Outdoor Adventure
Sure, you’re exploring the outdoors to unplug and immerse in nature, but your phone can serve as an important safety device when you hit the trails. From navigation to performance tracking, here are a few apps made for adventure.
- AllTrails (App Store 4.9 / Google Play 4.6): This app is the perfect reason to take your device on your next hike. With over 200,000 detailed hand-curated trail maps, AllTrails is a must-download app for your springtime hike. You can easily find and sort through a variety of nearby trails for hiking, biking, riding and more. We love how you can record your pace, distance and elevation as you let the app’s GPS tracker guide you along the trail.
- Windy (App Store 4.8 / Google Play 4.7): Outdoor experiences are all fun and games until the weather takes a turn for the worse. Download the Windy app, the professional app created for water and wind sports. Whether you’re setting out for a day of sailing, surfing, fishing or more, the Windy app will become your best friend.
- UVLens (App Store 3.2 / Google Play 4.2): Just because you packed your sunscreen doesn’t mean you can forget about those strong UV rays that are beating down as you adventure in the great outdoors. Protect your skin and coordinate your time outside by checking the daily UV forecast on the UVLens You can even find your burn risk by creating a personalized skin profile.
There’s no better season to embrace the outdoors, and your devices, tech gadgets and apps are the perfect adventure companions. From top-quality waterproof speakers to amp up your journey, gadgets to propel your activities and apps to keep you on the right path, your tech will be as fresh as the outdoor breeze. Visit your local Verizon Victra store to stock up for your springtime outings. Adventure is calling! Are you ready to answer?