Effective Date: July 27, 2021
Information We Collect
VICTRA collects and uses personal information about you when you interact with us, for example, when you purchase our product and service offerings, when you visit our stores and website, when you engage in our social media posts or when you complete a job application. We may obtain this information:
- Directly from you, i.e., personal information that you provide to us, for example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase at our stores.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or visiting our stores, from in-store cameras, or from third-parties.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||If a VICTRA employee, current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Use of Personal Information
VICTRA may use the personal information we collect from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our product or service offerings, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your customer profile.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email, phone or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We share information within VICTRA for a variety of purposes, including providing you with information about our latest promotions.
We use vendors and partners for business purposes, for example, to help us offer, provide, repair, and bill for products and services. We share information with vendors and partners as necessary for them to perform work for us. Our vendors and partners are contractually required to protect information they receive from us or collect on our behalf and to use it only for the purposes we allow.
We also share de-identified information with companies to assist with the delivery of advertising campaigns or aggregate reports.
In addition, information that individually identifies you or your device may be shared in certain circumstances, such as:
- To comply with the law.
- To protect you, others, or us.
- To credit companies and collection agencies.
- When needed by outside auditors and regulators.
- If VICTRA enters into a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets or business.
- With your consent.
Cookies, social media plug-ins and other website tools
Advertising entities place and access cookies and similar technologies on browsers you use and access advertising identifiers from your mobile device operating systems. Cookies are small files that are created by a web browser and downloaded to your computer when visiting a website. These are capable of storing information pertaining to your previous activity on the website and user preferences that allows the information to be retrieved the next time you visit the same site. You can limit our sharing of certain types of information, known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), for certain marketing uses. You can monitor or limit information that is shared by setting alerts, clearing the cache manually, or disabling cookies entirely.
You can also limit the ways we send marketing offers to you by taking the following actions:
- Telemarketing: Opt out of marketing-related calls by calling 888-611-0354 or sending a written request to [email protected]. Please note that it can take up to 30 days to remove you from existing marketing campaigns.
- Emails: Opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of marketing emails you receive.
- Text messages: Opt out of receiving marketing-related texts by following the unsubscribe instructions included in texts you receive.
- Postal mail: Opt out of receiving marketing-related mail by calling 888-611-0354 or sending a written request to [email protected]. Note that even if you unsubscribe, you could still receive mail when we use a bulk mailing service that delivers to all homes within a ZIP code.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes:
- California Customer Records personal information categories;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other similar network activity;
- Geolocation data;
- Sensory data;
- Professional or employment-related information; and
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Sales of Personal Information
VICTRA does not sell and has not sold your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Information Security and Retention
We use technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect against unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of information we collect or store. In addition, we train our employees on the importance of privacy, security, and the proper ways to access, use and disclose personal information. Our practices and policies prohibit employees with whom we share this information from using personal information unless they are authorized to do so and have a business need. They also require us to keep personally identifiable information and other sensitive records only as long as reasonably necessary for business, accounting, tax or legal purposes.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide services to you (for example, to honor a warranty or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, such as preventing fraud, meeting regulatory requirements, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security, and in each case, as consistent with applicable law. We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), enacted in 2018, creates new consumer rights relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses.
“California residents please click here for Victra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents”
If you have any questions or comments about this notice or the ways in which VICTRA collects, uses, and shares your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
8510 Colonnade Center Drive, Suite 300
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615