Victra, a Verizon Authorized Retailer
We don’t just consider you a customer – we strive to treat you as our “guest” when you join us in any of our 1,600 convenient locations. Our knowledgeable and dedicated store consultants and managers offer a full range of wireless devices including phones, tablets, mobile broadband, wearable technology, accessories and product insurance. Getting the best performance for this technology matters, and Verizon delivers.
RootMetrics, the nation’s most rigorous and scientific network tester, has awarded Verizon as the most Reliable 5G Network in the United States. In their upcoming national 5G report, they recognized Verizon for having the best 5G reliability in the overwhelming majority of US markets tested.
These results are a testament to their overall approach in building and maintaining the network, knowing that Verizon customers have come to expect consistently high performance and reliable connectivity. It’s also why we’re proud Verizon customers rated their network the best for overall network quality 28 times in a row in the latest J.D. Power Wireless Network Quality Study.
Connecting technology to life in the most trustworthy, fun, and profitable way.
Victra was founded as a partnership by Richard and David Balot in October 1996 in Wilson, North Carolina. Victra was incorporated as ABC Phones of North Carolina, Inc. in 1999. Today, Victra is independently owned and operated in Raleigh, North Carolina, with more than 200 people in the Store Support Center. In 2020, Victra opened its Greenville Sales Center, employing hundreds of team members who handle Verizon Consumer, Business, and Customer Care calls, along with Victra store support. As a company, Victra employs more than 6,600 people and serve guests in more than 1,500 locations across 49 states. The Victra team is proud of its history and excited about the future.
Our Core Values
At Victra, our core values are at the center of everything we do. They guide how we act as individual contributors, teams and leaders. They are the heart of our culture and we take them very seriously. We recognize our team members for living our values regularly and through a peer nomination and performance-based program called the Circle of Excellence.
Each month we celebrate five team members who exemplify these values the best, at our Store Support Center and Greenville Sales Center. We also have opportunities for our field leadership to recognize our field team members who also are living the values through our V+ pin program and in other ways.
- Integrity: We believe accountability and clarity are key.
- Collaboration: We are a company of human connections.
- Innovation: We have our eyes set on what is coming next.
- Performance: We are driven by a culture of winning each day.
- Celebration: We like to celebrate our successes.
Victra has a commitment to its communities. Victra supports many local and national initiatives to give back to our guests and the communities in which they live and work. Victra will continue to serve our communities and provide resources every year to expand our reach to help important causes grow, volunteering both our time and monetary support to the things that matter most.
Our current and past involvement with charitable partners includes the United Services Organization (USO), Building Homes for Heroes, Feeding America and their network of locally affiliated Food Banks, Toys for Tots and many more.
Diversity and Inclusion
Victra is committed to creating an inclusive culture of diverse team members at all levels of our organization. We are excited to continue to build our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion through education, engagement, and transparency. There are many different components to this commitment. In alignment with our values, we want to not only recognize, but celebrate, the many different facets of VNation’s diversity.
Learn More about our Employee Resource Groups:
Women’s Empowerment at Victra
Our mission as WE@V is to develop Victra employees, especially women, so they can achieve their professional and personal goals.
Women add unique talent to any organization and WE@V is a women’s leadership program with the goal of strengthening and developing this talent throughout VNation. The WE@V program is designed to support women who express a desire to develop, prepare them for the next level, and gain personal confidence.
- Supporting Victra’s commitment to workforce diversity
- Providing ongoing education to all levels of leadership on the importance of women in the workforce
- Promoting the recruitment, development, and retention of female employees
- Provide a strong support network for its members and allies to connect personally and professionally
People of Color United
The mission of the POCU is to highlight cultural diversity while attracting and retaining talented people of color. Our passion and commitment drives us and is the catalyst to inspire all Victra employees of color to reach their highest potential.
- Educate to create awareness and sensitivity of cultural diversity
- Create events to highlight and celebrate various cultures
- Drive compassion and inclusion for all people of color in the workforce
- Provide mentorship and guidance when needed to feel supported through any challenge
The mission of the Veteran’s Employee Resource Group is to embrace our proud community of employee veterans who support and encourage each other through shared experiences, veteran recruitment, career development, outward engagement, professional growth, and retention.
- Support Victra’s commitment to workforce diversity
- Promote a greater understanding of the sacrifices and contributions made by veterans
- Serve as an information and support conduit for Victra employees called into service or who have family members serving (MSEP)
- Manage community outreach events
- Foster relationships with veteran-focused organizations
- Enhance the reputation and morale of Victra employees and their families
- Collaborate with other Victra ERGs
Victra Pride Alliance
The mission of VPA is to promote an inclusive community for employees, partners, and Guests by serving as a visible and accessible resource for LGBTQIA+ identified employees and their allies. We will celebrate, support, uplift, and spread awareness for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Support Victra’s commitment to workforce diversity
- Affirm LGBTQIA+ Identity
- Cultivate LGBTQIA+ Equity
- Provide LGBTQIA+ Education
- Create opportunities for its members and allies to connect personally and professionally
- Promote the recruitment, development, and retention of LGBTQIA+ employees
- Celebrate and support all pronouns and gender expression