How Tech Changes the Way We Work
“Sorry, I was on mute.”
Oh, how the common workplace jargon has shifted from watercooler talk to video call buzzwords and phrases.
Since the start of the pandemic, digital transformation has become a necessity now more than ever. Workers have adapted to remote and hybrid options, charging them to learn new tech tools to communicate with their team while managing a new way of work life. Connecting, collaborating and communicating in a world with decentralized teams and customers who desire positive online customer experiences may be a challenge for some. But, with the right tech devices and accessories, thriving in the digital age is possible, and it can even be fun!
“We lost you for a minute there.”
Poor internet connectivity is not for the faint of heart. In fact, with so many video calls, even for those who work full-time in an office, reliable internet is crucial. It’s the basis for how workers function and accomplish tasks.
- 5G Home Internet: If you’re working from home, or maybe you’re homeschooling your little ones, reliable home internet is a game changer. Power your entire home with internet received directly through your secure window of ultra-fast data. Setup is simple, and you can enjoy Display+ and AMC+ streaming services for free for the first 12 months.
- 5G Business Internet: Do you run a business? Don’t let fickle internet get in the way of your success. We know you have more important things to worry about, so you can lock-in your guaranteed price for 10 years and snag free outdoor installation.
- Home FIOS: You have internet, but do you have the fastest internet? Whether you’re conducting important video meetings or need fast internet to keep up with your busy task list, Verizon’s 100% fiber-optic network is 99.99% reliable.
“Let me share my screen.”
Communication methods are changing, and the way we share information has evolved. Working from home or working in an office now requires tech tools to keep in touch with colleagues, clients and customers. Also, there are countless apps and tools to help workers stay organized without hundreds of colorful sticky notes framing their computer screens.
- Time Management: The clock is ticking, and there’s only so many hours in the day to crush your work tasks and manage your personal life. Check out an app like Focus Keeper to maintain high productivity while avoiding burnout. You can customize focus sessions and goals and track productivity through easy-to-read charts. The built-in timer is perfect to keep you on task for just the right amount of time.
- Communication: Keeping in touch with coworkers, managers and customers is vital in a society that has grown accustomed to instant results and feedback. There are plenty of communication tools to help. Try an instant messaging tool like Slack. Employees can communicate one-on-one or in group threads. You can even download the Slack app on your Apple or Android device to chat while on the go!
- Work Organization: Organizing your work in the digital age is easier than ever. Discover programs like Asana, Trello and Flow to organize, share and track work tasks. There are also simple apps for your smartphone, like Remember The Milk app that is a smart to-do app for your busy work or personal schedule.
“Let’s take this offline.”
There are many tech tools to support a variety of work environments and promote healthy work-life balance. Here are a few tips as you navigate your new normal:
- Implement a morning routine
- Maintain regular work hours
- Schedule breaks throughout the day
- Don’t cut your breaks short
- Get out of the house
- Speak up, and ask for what you need to succeed
- Create a dedicated office space (i.e., not your bed)
- Get to know your coworkers
“I need to jump on another call!”
The digital age is here to stay, and we’re loving all the advancements and opportunities it provides. From work teams spread internationally to better communication tools for those in the office. By having high-quality reliable internet, tools for communication and organization, and rules for a healthy remote work style, employees will continue to thrive both personally and professionally. To check out the latest devices and technology to support your work, visit your local Victra-Verizon store.