March 5, 2023
Top Fitness Features on Your Smartwatch
Did you receive a cutting-edge smartwatch for the holidays, but are not quite sure how to fully take advantage of all the amazing features? While you know it’s perfect for receiving notifications and calls on the go, you might not have realized that it has the potential to be a powerful personal health and wellness specialist. That’s right, think of it as having your own coach to track heart rate, activity, sleep, nutrition, and so much more at every moment of the day. Now that’s the right accountability partner to reach your 2023 goals and resolutions.
We’re sharing the top fitness features of each major smartwatch, so that you can get the most out of that device on your wrist. Empower your healthy lifestyle and attain those goals this year with tech that takes action.
Apple Watch SE
- Activity rings: The Apple Watch SE tracks your daily movement with three activity rings – one for moving, one for exercise, and one for standing. The rings fill up as you reach your goals, offering a visual representation of your progress throughout the day. Don’t miss utilizing this feature and consider setting it as your screensaver!
- Workouts: With over 20 workout types to choose from, including running, cycling, swimming, and yoga, Apple Watch SE is the ultimate personal trainer. And the best part is that it tracks heart rate, reps, calories burned, and distance traveled during workouts, and it provides a post-workout summary at the end. Basically, it’s the complete package.
- Coaching: Beyond workouts, the Apple Watch SE offers personalized coaching and encouragement throughout the day, just like a friend or family member might. The watch will remind you to stand up and move around if you’ve been sitting too long and will give you a nudge to hit your activity goals for the day.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
- Heart rate monitoring: The Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 is the perfect tool to improve your cardiovascular fitness, with customized tracking and alerts if your heart rate goes above or below your target zone. Plus, all data is displayed in a user-friendly, visual way.
- GPS tracking: With built-in GPS, the Galaxy Watch 5 goes a step further so you can track your distance and pace during outdoor workouts like running and cycling. You don’t even need to bring your phone with you because the watch will track your location on its own.
- Sleep tracking: Great sleep is the key to getting the most out of fitness. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 tracks your sleep patterns and provides a score each morning based on the quality of your sleep. This is a great feature for anyone looking to improve their overall health and well-being.
Google Pixel Watch
- Strength training tracking: The Google Pixel Watch has a unique feature that allows you to track your strength training workouts. Input your exercises, the weight you’re lifting, and the number of reps you’re completing, and the watch will track your progress over time.
- Breathing exercises: Now you can breathe easy, because the Google Pixel Watch offers guided breathing exercises to help you relax and reduce stress. This is a great feature for anyone looking to improve mental health and just take a deep cleansing breath occasionally.
- Nutrition tracking: Have you ever had trouble remembering what you ate for breakfast? Life gets busy, and if you’re tracking your daily nutrition intake, it’s time to rely on your smartwatch rather than your memory. The Google Pixel Watch allows you to input your food intake and track your daily caloric intake, helping users improve their overall nutrition and weight loss efforts.
At your local Verizon Victra store, we understand the importance of staying active and healthy and how the right technology plays a crucial role in that endeavor. That’s why we’re proud to offer a wide selection of smartwatches in our stores that cater to a variety of fitness needs. Whether you’re a casual walker or a seasoned athlete, we have the perfect device to help you achieve your fitness goals.