New Year, New Tech: Which Devices to Replace in 2023
Is it really a “new year, new you” if your tech is out of date? It may feel like you just bought that Macbook, Galaxy smartphone, or AirPods, but the reality is that your technology is most likely operating in a way that is “so last year.” According to a Gallup survey, 54 percent of respondents said that they will upgrade their phone only when it stops working or becomes totally obsolete. There are a number of reasons why it’s a bad idea to wait more than a year, two at most, to convert to the latest model of technology. For one, you run the risk of a phone or laptop completely shutting down before you have the chance to transfer important files to a new device. Another reason is that the recent models are equipped with the fastest and most reliable upgrades, such as being more waterproof, having extended battery life, and more.
With that, it’s important to know which tech items in your arsenal are in need of that big update in 2023. So grab your favorite note-taking device, and let’s dive in.
- Apple iPad Air and iPad Mini: Tablets are some of the most outdated tech that consumers have in their possession, but they don’t have to be. Now is the time to change those early iPad models for something new, fresh, and full of features you never knew existed! The Apple iPad Air 5th Gen and the Apple iPad Mini 6th Gen are the fastest, lightest devices of their kind. With the latest supercharged chips, stunning features for creators, and enhanced photo and video capabilities, these hot releases are powerful as they are portable.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab: Samsung’s most recent tablet release, the Galaxy Tab S7, is the ultimate machine for all things work and play. The ultra-stunning display and powerful Qualcomm Octa-Core processor delivers buttery-smooth navigation with plenty of storage and microSD slot capabilities. Also, with an up to 18-hour battery life and fast-charging capabilities, forgetting to charge it overnight is no problem. Whether you’re on it to tear through emails or design something spectacular, there are plenty of incredible features that make this the must-have tech in your toolbelt.
- Google Pixel 7 Pro: It’s a new year – why not go outside of the box with your typical smartphone model and try something dramatically new? Yes, we’re talking to all of you who have yet to sample one of Google’s smartphones. The switch might just convert you for good. With a battery life that lasts 24 hours– you heard that right – and an included VPN connection that provides extra protection for online activity, the Google Pixel 7 Pro is the best Google phone yet, which is why this would be the perfect time to make the switch to try it, if you haven’t already.
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro: There’s a good reason for anyone with the iPhone 12 or earlier to switch to the iPhone 14 Pro. This is certainly the dramatic unveiling that Apple fans have been waiting for, with its widely celebrated Dynamic Island interaction and superfast 5G cellular with 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display1 featuring Always-On and ProMotion. Also, this model includes the best safety features yet, with the ability to send messages over satellite when off the grid of internet service and new Crash Detection. Oh yes, this is a performance that deserves a bow on stage.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 and Flip 4: Since Samsung’s early models of their Fold 4, much improvement has been necessary to compete with Google and Apple. We think they met, and better yet, exceeded the expectation with the Galaxy Fold 4 and Flip 4. These phones represent the best in pocket-sized power, with photo and video capabilities that put some professional cameras to shame, super-fast charging with boatloads of storage, and the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 and Octa-core Up processors that Samsung is famous for. If these phones were Olympians, they’d be gymnasts, because strength and flexibility like this is truly gold level.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless In Ear Earbuds: Samsung knew what they were doing when they combined this comfortable, all-day-wear design with powerful audio and Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) in their Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless In Ear Earbuds. The barely-there feel and open design for those who prefer spacious, natural sound are intended to make the user forget they’re even wearing earbuds! This was a true win on Samsung’s part and will make the perfect addition to your tech lineup in 2023.
- Skullcandy Crusher Evo Wireless Over Ear Headphones: If your 2023 plans include travel, you’ll want a pair of collapsible Skullcandy Crusher Evo Wireless Over Ear Headphones in your carry on. With the smart Crusher adjustable sensory bass and up to 40 hours of battery life, you can literally take these anywhere for a comfortable experience that you don’t have to worry about pausing to charge up. And, with call, track and volume control with built in Tile finding technology, these are Skullcandy’s most intelligent pair of skull-thumpers yet.
When you’re ready to get your “new year, new you” setup with the fastest and most reliable technology to match, head over to your local Verizon Victra store and one of our dedicated experts will help you discover which devices match your needs most. With bundles of holiday savings happening right now, you don’t want to miss getting the right model at an excellent price. Now there’s one New Year’s resolution you can check off.