How to Create Better Social Media Content
Do you remember the ‘old days’ when social media was simply a pastime to connect with old pals? What once started as a way to keep in touch has exploded into a mega platform for creativity, e-commerce and personal branding. The standard for top-notch content has skyrocketed, pushing the limits on creativity and raising the bar for click-worthy posts.
Whether you are an aspiring social media influencer or just want to share your life with friends, creating social media content has become an art that is fun, yet ever evolving. With new platforms and features popping up on a regular basis, there are many ways social users can present themselves in the virtual world. Here are a few tips to up your social media game with content that will wow your followers!
How to Take the Perfect Selfie
- Find your light and know your angles: The most important rule in snapping a selfie is to access good lighting. Posing in bright, natural light not only creates a higher-quality image, but makes for a more flattering photo, as it eliminates shadows from under eyes, masks blemishes, and creates that glowing flawless look. Secondly, it’s worth taking the time to find the right angle. Avoid strange shadows by holding your phone at a high angle before capturing that selfie.
- Disable the iPhone mirroring image function: Have you ever noticed that your selfie didn’t quite come out the same as what you saw on the screen before snapping the photo? This happens because the iPhone captures your ‘real self’ by flipping to the reverse position of the mirror image you see on the screen. Not to worry, it’s easy to disable this function by following these steps: Visit the Settings menu of your iPhone, click on Camera, scroll to Composition, find the Mirror Front Camera and toggle it to Off.
- Invest in a good camera: To take a high-quality selfie, you are going to need a high-quality phone camera. The Samsung Galaxy S22 is perfect for selfie enthusiasts everywhere, as it’s equipped with a high-resolution camera and the latest AI technology to capture beautiful Portrait Mode images. Plus, the Samsung Galaxy S22 has a long-lasting battery life, making it ideal for long photoshoots.
How to Shoot Better Vlogs (Video Blogs)
- Become familiar with editing software: Creating long-form content such as vlogs is especially difficult, as the content needs to be produced well enough to capture social media users’ attention for a substantial amount of time. That’s why every good vlogger should be well-versed in video editing. To cut your footage down to the good stuff and add clean transitions into the video, use software such as iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
- Get a high-quality video camera: Although a lot can be fixed during the editing process, not much can be done to improve the quality of your video after it has been recorded. This makes it crucial to invest in a device with advanced video capabilities, such as the Google Pixel 6 Pro. With a 50-megapixel wide angle rear camera and Super Res Zoom, this phone is perfect for capturing every shot, big or small.
- Keep a portable charger on-hand: If you are vlogging, you are likely on-the-go without immediate access to a cell phone charger. In order to prevent your phone from losing charge and missing all of the good photo ops, it’s important to keep a portable charger with you, such as the PowerStation 2020 Power Bank. This charger is universal, so no matter what phone you are using, you’ll have the power to keep your content creation on the move.
How to Make Eye-Catching Infographics
- Download Beginner-Friendly Design Apps: Infographics are handy tools across many social media platforms, from LinkedIn to Instagram, and they serve a purpose to educate in a concise, visually pleasing style. To produce more professional content, the first step is to refine your infographic skills. Consider downloading an easy-to-use design app, such as Canva or Adobe Express. These apps are beginner-friendly, and they provide tutorials, tips, design elements and templates to elevate your infographics and impress your audience.
- Use a Tablet: Using your smartphone screen to create a detailed infographic might not cut it. High-resolution tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ allow you to easily create and edit every detail of your design. Plus, every Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ comes with an S Pen with a near-zero latency that allows you to draw and write as comfortably as you do with pen and paper.
As social media continues to grow at record speed and social platforms add new features and options, content creators will keep pushing the envelope to stand out amongst the crowd. With a few tips on snapping the perfect selfie, creating videos that captivate followers and producing infographics that are professionally executed, we hope you feel equipped to create better social media content. With these tips in mind, our team at Victra is ready to help you shop for everything you need to create quality content that is sure to make an impact.