Fall in Love with Valentine’s Day
Now, before you read the title and scroll off, take a moment to let us explain how saying “be mine” doesn’t just have to be for love birds. Valentine’s Day explodes over retail shelves before we can barely ring in the New Year. Hearts, chocolates, greeting cards, flowers and teddy bears fill the shelves of major stores while leaving many consumers feeling empty. Rather than seeing what we don’t have this season, let’s celebrate the “holiday” of love with a few fresh ideas that don’t require a soulmate. Whether you’re taken, single or prefer no label at all, we’re sharing ways to feel those warm and fuzzies this Valentine’s Day season.
Spend Valentine’s Day with your smart device. Perk: you won’t have to share your chocolate with anyone.
You’re in luck, because Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year, which means it might not even feel like an out-of-the-ordinary day. Regardless, you can take a little time to treat yourself to a relaxing evening. When loved ones aren’t around, you can always count on your device.
- Stream a comedy: Have a ‘funny Valentine’ with a movie that makes you laugh. The weather is chilly, and maybe you had a long Monday at work, so there’s nothing wrong with curling up on the couch and streaming a classic. First, make sure you have reliable internet to get the best quality streaming. Verizon 5G home Internet is a game changer. It’s easy to set up and comes with Display+ and AMC+ streaming services for free for the first 12 months. Now that your connection will go uninterrupted, you can always stream a couple movies at once by playing one on your TV and another on your device.
- Facetime with a friend: If you’re feeling a little lonely on Valentine’s Day, don’t forget that your friends are only a FaceTime away. You can stay cozy on the couch while still enjoying another’s company. What better way to video chat than with the biggest and best iPhone 13 Pro Max? With more viewable screen space than the previous generation iPhone Pro Max, you’ll feel like you’re in the same room with your Valentine pal. Keep in mind, you can play trivia, watch a movie together while FaceTiming or even enjoy dinner over the phone. Make this Valentine’s Day a little ‘smarter’ with your device.
- Power up with video games: Forget the hearts, chocolates and romance altogether and get lost in a new video game. Consider buying yourself a Valentine’s Day gift and check out the latest gaming headsets like the JBL Quantum 400 Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset to totally immerse in your favorite game.
Do something thoughtful… for anyone!
Who says you can only send a Valentine if you’re in a relationship? Take this time to notice the friends, coworkers, family members and kids in your life that could use a pick-me-up. Afterall, they don’t call it “singleness awareness day” for nothing. Let others feel they’re not alone by including them in the cupid festivities.
- Send a text: Let your smartphone do the talking. A thoughtful text can go a long way to a friend who might be feeling extra single this Valentine’s Day.
- Love on your pet: Is your furry friend the most lovable one you know? Same. Celebrate the day with your furry Valentine by having a park picnic with your pup, taking a car ride for a special treat or baking a sweet homemade treat for your dog or cat. Don’t forget to capture photos of all these PAWsitively perfect events. Might we suggest using Pet Portrait Mode on your iPhone?
- Give an accessory: Sending flowers is fun, but have you seen the iPhone Floral Romance case by Sweden Fashion? Those are beautiful petals that won’t wither, and they add instant style to a phone. Shop a few accessories and surprise your close friends or family with a Valentine’s Day gift.
From Galentine’s Day with the girls to a quiet night playing your favorite video game, there are many ways to get in on the Valentine’s Day fun without sticking to the traditional celebrations that require a plus one. Try selecting something off our list to warm your heart this February 14th, and we hope it’ll be the start of a new tradition. If you have any questions or need advice on how to use your device or where to snag the best tech gifts for your Valentine, stop into your local Verizon Victra Store today!